Friday, September 26, 2008

DIARY:

Had a great night Wednesday PM at the party for the Chelsea Arts Club NYC branch. It was at the great restaurant, in Chelsea of course, Bottino. It turns out that I was there before; i went with Chris Parker after the Cheap Trick rehearsal. Robin had been there tons with Harvey. We both figured it might be tough, but we had fun. We actually talked to people, Dudley was very warm and welcoming. At dinner, which was DELICIOUS, we sat next to nice people. One person, Kiki, turns out to know Chris Parker and Steve Gadd; she had an affair with SG and she booked the bands in the 70s. And Carol, a water-colorist, sat on my other side. Of course, people were interested in me and the person who sat across from Robin came to Carnegie. She was much too perky and "english" for me. A surprisingly good time.

Myles had come over both days and that was fun. Myles was very friendly to Robin and we all noticed how much more interactive he was. I'm sure that's because we kept R very much in his mind during the times he was away. We played Hide and Hide, his favorite game.

Glenn 7 came over to sing and Robin was very impressed. We didn't work on Michael's letter, he has the only copy and didn't bring it, but we did alot on Shakespeare and he's getting amazing. I was nervous R wouldn't think his voice was legit enough, but he passed with flying colors! Yeah. And he sang through Small and Prince and I think really liked them.

Haven't written much since R is back, but I started Ozymandias today. Hopefully that will be done before I leave for LA. Which I'm not looking forward to. But oh well. I need the $.

Now R is sick. I'm just about over it. I hope. But still so tired, tired, tired.

I had a nice lunch today with Leonard Marcus. He's great and hopefully can help me get the Oliver rights. He knows all the people in the Children's book world. In fact I got an e-mail from the head of the museum toeday who wanted to do an excerpt from Oliver next year. I told her I didn't have the rights.

I finished 4 blasters for 100 Stories/100 Words. They are fun to write. They also published the John Miller piece.

No comments: