Wednesday, September 17, 2008

DIARY: Musicians/Michael Jenkins/Sendroff/John Miller

What the heck is galway wearing!!!! (Jesus!)

Anyway, just back from a sensational time at John Miller's CD release party. It was at Carroll's studio. I have never been to the new place. Probably isn't new at all, but new for me. It's on 56th Street. Same loft building as Pace/Wilderstein. Wow.

I don't think there are a bunch of people I'd rather hang out with than musicians. Dave Spinozza was there, of course. He co-produced the album. We talked about Wynn! And Chris Parker. And Charlie Alterman, a young pianist/conductor. Plus some of the guys from the Cheap Trick gig.

John talked about the Cd. And was really wonderful. I met his wife for the first time and she was very complimentary about the article I wrote. Met the press people too. Nice enough.

But it was all about side-men. My favorite.

Today was also a red letter day, I hope. Yesterday I called Michael Jenkins. I was at the gym when he returned the call. Amazing. He said he closed the deal with the Brolly kids. That's fantastic. One down, one to go. He said the Seuss people were being the Seuss people but he said we couldn't panic or push them because then they just back away. I'm hoping this is good news and we just persevere. In a weekend letter I also suggested he think about NORMAN because of all the floods. He said it was a great idea. He told me he was producing or presenting 23 shows (michael!!!) but he would try and fit it in. I guess I heard enthusiasm in his voice. So...

And today was also the end of an era. Anna, our housekeeper of 25 years, maybe more!, is going back to Poland to see her grand kids (adults!) whom she's never met. She's been so great to us. But as is the way with life, a hug and then move on.



Glenn is coming over tomorrow to work on the Armistead piece and the Shakespeare. I've finished 4 pieces now.

I did some more work (tweaking) on the Opera Aria. I spoke to Irwin Fisch and I'm going to record some tracks over at his place. I sent him the Finale file as a Midi file and it went through just fine. Arianne said she couldn't work on it until November. I'll see if I can wait. I'll be out most of of October so it will probably time out just fine.

I emailed Chris Craker today and told him about the idea. I hope he's interested in helping. He's someone who actually came through.

Ittai sent Mark Sendroff papers yesterday, threatening to sue. I mean. Honestly!!! Then when I saw Max at John's party, Max said he was hustling him. Max sensed something was wrong. Max didn't really want to deal with him and asked me what to do. I said, do whatever you want, but you can always say I only talk to the guy who's paying me. He really has to understand he can't just get everything for nothing.

And more Bunny, I wrote to HarperCollins today introducing them to the Animation people. Susan Katz wrote back within 20 minutes. I couldn't believe that. So I called the Animation people and said, it's all connected. Go get 'em.

I think I'm having dinner with Mark Sendroff tomorrow. He feels sorry for me. He asked what happened with me and Ittai? I said, it went south just like all my relationships do. Except for him and Robin. So he wants me to have dinner with him. Well, it's true I guess. I try not to, but I guess when I'm doing the stuff i REALLY care about, I get to emotionally involved. But the list of people I don't like much is rather long. Sad really. Or not.

No comments: