Saturday, September 20, 2008

diary: Dumbo

I woke up late, thankfully, 10:55 and sprang out of bed thinking Benjy was coming over today. That's next week. So I was a bit discombobulated. Very.

Steve called and told me he was going to DUMBO today to an art gallery, after he visited his mom in the hospital, so I said, what the fuck, I'll go.

It was kind of a revelation. It was truly wonderful walking around down there. The art show was terrific as well: lots of sexy, hunky beary type guys. Really well shot. But the area was the star. It was interesting because it wasn't an area that had a resident population that was eased out as the richies came in. Nothing was there before the artists. Lots of new, hip buildings. Lots of cool restaurants, shops. Tons of babies in strollers. We had a nice lunch next to the gallery.

Honestly, I think I could live there. In a way I couldn't leave in Harlem or the East End. It could be loud, though. The bridge is right there, of course. That's why it's called the District UNDER THE MANHATTAN BRIDGE!! But I stopped a woman on the street and she said the glass keps out the noise. It would be interesting to move the whole family there. Especially if Myles goes to Paker or St. Ann's. But that's all unlikely of course. Because one, the prices are outrageous. And I can't get out of bed, how am I going to move.

Mentally, not sure. I go up and down. Not too down until very late at night. I have to stay up till 2 so I can fall asleep naturally. The Michael high has worn off, as to be expected. Wouldn't it be amazing if we can sign the deal and go.

It's seems a bit much of a struggle when I went through this whole rights thing years ago. And now I have to go through it again. IT'S UNFAIR! HA HA HA HA!!!!!

No comments: