Friday, September 19, 2008

Diary: NY PHIL

Went to the NY PHIL today with Ruth. I changed our subscription tickets very easily on line. It was wonderful, actually. A new Stucky piece, which was nice. (and short!) Then Rach 3 played by Brofman. Avery Fisher should be knocked down. Could hardly hear the piano. Imagine not being able to hear the Piano in that piece. Played by E B! Second part was Ravel Mother Goose and Mandarian. After the Ravel, I heard a girl behind me Bravo for Glenn D. I turned around and asked if she knew him. She said it was her daughter. So...obviously the conversation turned to RunBun.

And speaking of RunBun: Right before I left for the concert, I got an e-mail from the St. Louis Symphony wanted a perusal score. Wow. Let's hope. Wouldn't that be great. Obviously, it's because of the air play on the radio station. Maybe even the article!

I don't think I wrote that Robin is coming home on Tuesday. The Belgium Consulate felt he couldn't approve the application but R didn't seem upset because the lawyer said they would fix the application and it would get approved in Canada. So, he's coming home. Yeah! I really hope he can cope in NYC! Wouldn't it be great to be together.

I had my pity dinner with Mark. Which was very pleasant. He has a major new apartment. In the same building as Chris Keller/Stabler. Wow! Lots of views. Lots of spaces. Lots of show biz stuff. I told him that I had a sketch of Alvin's. He said that was unusual because much to his friends sadness (Alvin's friends) gave all of his stuff to the library. So I wrote him today telling him I wanted to give him my sketch. He really deserves it! (And I considered selling it on Ebay.) So it's his.

We had a discussion about my alienation of friends. We both thought it was because I don't stop it when people want too much and ask for too much. And I internalize it until I can't take it any more. Good point. So he suggested I nip it in the bud a little earlier. I'll try next time it happens. If it does. Which it will.

I saw the Hudson Valley Shakespeare on TV last night. (I'm LOOOVING my DVR!) I recorded it. It seems like a magical place. And the Shakespeare isn't too bad. Actually about on the same level as The Tempest the other night. So i wrote the artistic director about Mozart. Again. Crazy idea. But I'm trying.

Glenn sang through some of Michael's Letter on Thursday. It's a good piece. And he's a great singer. It was great to hear it. I wrote it in Kentish Town!!!!!!!! Life!!!!!

No comments: