Sunday, September 14, 2008

DIARY: CHRIS ROCK

Chris Rock was simply magnificent. He did about 90 minutes straight out. No prompter. Really amazing. And funny. For black and white.

I had never been to the Apollo before. And it had the same magic of Capitol Studios. So much history. It almost takes your breath away.

Sadly, I had to admit I was a bit scared getting there. Getting off at 125th Street was okay but the walk down to the theater was just uncomfortable. So I got on a bus for a bit.

Keith arranged for me to meet the head of production of HBO who has a house in Rhinebeck. I hope we get together to talk about the old country.

I just spoke to Scott about calling up HBO and pitching Bunny there for a live concert for TV. We'll see.

I slept A LOT! Too much, but I needed it, I guess. I'm fighting off a cold so maybe that's why I needed the sleep.

I got up and bought some new lovely Lucky Jeans and then came home to play with Myles. Lots of hide and seek.

I also worked on the Plum Poem today. It will be finished tomorrow.

This Is Just To Say
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast.

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold.

-- William Carlos

No comments: