Sunday, August 24, 2008

Diary

Interesting day. The interview went well with St. Louis. Hopefully someone from the symphony heard it. The DJ went on and on about the piece so that was nice.

I don't know if Glenn inspired me, or if hearing and playing through my serious music did the trick, or maybe it was just time, but I started writing, I started setting one of my favorite poems and got a lot done. Here's the poem. Pretty obvious why I like it so much:

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread upon my dreams.

And then an idea I had for a opera sort of focused in. I actually feel I'd have the strength to write it. I called Maria and she was interested. So who knows. It would be a public domain rights property although there is some research I can do through books. So I ordered something on Amazon to have a look.

No comments: