Monday, August 25, 2008

Diary: Interesting things?

A couple of interesting things happened. Nothing major, but maybe a couple of little things could coalesce and turn into something good.

First good news: I finished HE WISHES FOR HIS CLOTHES OF HEAVEN. I've been wanting to write that for a while. Maybe years. And finally did. It will be a song in the Cycle called SONGS FROM THE UNDERGROUND. It's based on the Book, and of course the poems, that were displayed in the London Underground while I was there. Glenn inspired me to sit back down and work. Or maybe it was just time. I even started a new one today. It will be a light, airy thing. And it's almost done!


Teeth

English Teeth, English Teeth!
Shining in the sun
A part of British heritage
Aye, each and every one.

English Teeth, Happy Teeth!
Always having fun
Clamping down on bits of fish
And sausages half done.

English Teeth! HEROES' Teeth!
Hear them click! and clack!
Let's sing a song of praise to them -
Three Cheers for the Brown Grey and Black.

Other stuff: I was able to get to Tomy dePaolo about a book of his that I think can be an opera for kids. I've tried, again for years, without any luck. But Leonard Marcus, who wrote the bio of Margaret WB knew the women who wrote the bio of TP and she contacted him for me and within minutes I got a call from his assistant. He asked to see the DVD of the Bunny, so I explained what it was, and sent it along. At least if I get turned down, I will have gotten turned down by the author. There may be a rights issue (I think the GMC did a piece on it) but it shouldn't hurt the Grand Rights. We'll see. Just the contact it good for me.

And being able to focus on writing something even in the future is a step out of bed.

No comments: