Thursday, August 28, 2008

Diary: Milton

Billy came over today and started re-plastering and painting the second bathroom. Now THAT'S an entry.

I did some block time with Myles and helped Janice with some decorating and feeding.

Meeting with the animation company (http://auryn.com/index.php) was pushed back to tomorrow. Fine.

I finished TEETH today, which I think is very good. And I'll start another very soon. Probably something weighty for a change of pace. Probably:
The Expulsion from Eden

In either hand the hast`ning angel caught
Our ling`ring parents, and to th` eastern gate
Led them direct, and down the cliff as fast
To the subjected plain: then dissapeared.
They looking back, all th` eastern side beheld
Of Paradise, so late their happy seat,
Waved over by that flaming brand, the gate
With dreadful faces thronged and firey arms:
Some natural tears they dropped, but wiped them soon;
The world was all before them, where to choose
Their place of rest, and Providence their guide:
They hand in hand with wand`ring steps and slow,
Through Eden took their solitary way.
John Milton (1608 - 74)

I also finished printing out ALL FOUR COPIES of the MOZART LIBRETTOS! The printing and proofing was almost as hard as the writing but not nearly as fun. Although I must say even though I moan about it, I kinda like the arts and craft projects. I guess I should learn a bit of photoshop so I can do it without the cut and pasting. I'll ask Brett for some more barter time! (Unless he's reading this, then he can tell me directly if he's up for it.)

Tomorrow I'll do a double proof of the page numbering and then send it off to London for the binding.

Hamlet got a rave in the Times today so I'll go see it tomorrow. Can't argue with raves in the Times, huh?

Saw the Convention last night. Great speech by Clinton, great catch phrases. And I couldn't really tell what the music was. It sounded sort of like records, but then there were instrumental breaks that weren't on the tracks. Turns out it was about a 10 piece local band. Terrific. Great sound. And even Wolf B mentioned them. I wouldn't have done it as well. So I guess they made the right choice. Let's hope there's still a chance for me getting the inauguration. And if not, I did the last 4. A pretty good run.

Off to dinner with Greg Jbara tonight.

No comments: