Sunday, October 12, 2008

Blogging from LA. First time.

FH flew me out here to rehearse and although I wasn't looking forward to it, it's fine once that I'm here. I rented a car which was hard. I miss Aretha. The nice lady at Thrifty gave me a convertible but after one shopping/parking trip I smashed in the passenger door. Shit. I was rushing to buy a mobile blue tooth for my phone because it's now illegal to not have a hands free system. Good law, but it took me a long time to figure it all out. And I had to return one to phone store. Pain in the neck, but.

While I was on the plane (on Tuesday) Robert at Bway world sent me the Logo/masthead for my column. It's amazingly impressive. I look like a younger Earl Wilson! Lots of graphic stuff, me in silhouette. Oh, I can post it!

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=8dabdf6ab0&view=att&th=11cd78989d75f26b&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=0.1.1

Well, I guess I can't. Never mind. It's really nice. But the column still hasn't run yet. I have about 8 done and can do 4 more quickly.



I've been going to the gym at venice and I must say I've been enjoying that. Enormously. If i didn't rip my toe off, more later, I'd be there right now. Shit.

Thursday was another rehearsal and then I picked up Robin who was about a half hour early! Not a problem. I'm glad he's here. He's glad he's here and we went shopping right away, me for a new ear piece and him for some candle juice.

Then off to Leslie's break fast. Oy. But I had a nice chat with Lee Holdridge. I feel so comfortable with her family, but hate that's it's her family that i'm with. Not that I want to be with MY family, just that it feels too weird. But only intellectually. It's actually fine.

Then we went to Richard's house. Where we'll be staying. It's in an adorable area called Brentwood Glen. Almost like a little Connecticut town. The GPS took us there easily. It's not as nice as the last house, much smaller, but I like the area better. Richard's stuff is all over, and it's kind of a mess, but it will be fine. Robin thought he'd be there until Tuesday but he's leaving today. So we'll be completely alone. There a large TV and it's SOOO much close to FH's than Leslies and that's a huge help.

On Wednesday morning, 9 AM I had a meeting with Nina Lederman. I'm reluctant to say it was a great meeting because we all know how great meetings evaporate into thin air. But she's done amazing well, has a new kid on the way with her new girlfriend, Rowina, a biggie at CAA and a bunny fan. So she thinks she can sell it as an hour special very easily. Rowina represents Julia Roberts and she (Rowina) likes the idea. Nina called Kimber and was positive as well. It would be a nice thing to have this on TV. Obviously. And now I'm going to add Nina to my hit list for jobs. She was very open about that and even asked me if I wanted her to help me with an agent. I said sure. I'm not at all confident that will come to pass but concentrating on the Bunny would be a great thing.

Friday PM we had a nice dinner with Gary Zuckerbrod. We raced around Friday am finding a place for breakfast and doing chores before i had to go to Florences. We went to TASTE, a restaurant right across from Comme Ca. All nice. But honestly, I just want Gary to call Freidkin to get me a meeting regarding Cosi.

Saturday, yesterday, was an off day with FH. Robin was having a fag in the garden. I went out to see him and smashed myself in the closed screen door. As I walked outside, I looked at my big toe and there was a huge gash on the bottom. REALLY Bleeding. Strangely enough it wasn't hurting at all. Rich and Robin said I should go to the ER and in a role reversal, R took me to UCLA Emergency which is basically around the corner. And Richard got through to someone there and the lady said it was empty, come on over. I used Steve's name as my doctor, so that got lots of attention and 2 hours later I was sown up.

The numbing needles were INCREDIBLY painful! Yikes. But after that it was easy enough. But I can't belive I did it.

Speaking of hospitals, Ruth is hating being in the nursing home and driving everyone crazy. But that's biz as usual. I've been speaking to her a few times a day.

I had a really awful Dr. T nightmare. The show was going, but everyone was changing the music and lyrics and I had to throw a fit and cut the songs because i didn't right them. And I was back in High School missing classes and worrying about graduating. And having huge fights with R and M. Weird.





No comments: